As a lifelong Sunnyvale resident, I have an intimate understanding of Sunnyvale’s past and I see the potential for its future. When I graduated from Fremont High School and enlisted in the Marines, I did so because I wanted to give back. Today, my wife and I are raising our family in Sunnyvale. Joining City Council would be an extension of my dedication to public service and my hometown.
I understand the community and can make a difference in the issues facing Sunnyvale. My service on the Sunnyvale Planning Commission and Personnel Board provide me with expertise in the critical areas of land use policy and employee benefits. I am committed to ensuring the downtown is completed, supporting our public safety department as they reduce residential burglaries, emphasizing long-term fiscal sustainability, and ensuring we maintain our roadways and trees. I am responsive to the community and employee needs. I will work to keep City Council focused on core city services.
The role of City Council is to provide vision, judgment and oversight. I have shown this leadership on the Planning Commission and will make a positive impact on Council, representing each member of our community.
• Raised in Sunnyvale and today, my wife and I are raising our family here
• Attended Hollenbeck Elementary, Mango Jr. High and graduated from Fremont High School
• My children attend Cherry Chase Elementary and Sunnyvale Middle School
• Currently serve on the City’s Planning Commission (Former Chairman)
• Previously served on the City’s Personnel Board (Former Chairman)
• Alumni of Leadership Sunnyvale – Class of 2008
• Served on the Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Committee on Paramedic service in Sunnyvale
• Served on the Charter Review Committee in 2011
• Senior Engineering Manager at PayPal, with prior professional experience at Schwab, Visa, Neoforma and eBay
• I am a dynamic systems development executive with successful IPO experience and a proven track record in delivering Internet e-commerce products and services in start-up through maintenance phases
• I am a strong manager known for leveraging human resources and technology to achieve business objectives
• Honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps